Sports Round 9
1. Only one English based team play within the Scottish Football League system (top 4 divisions). Who is it?
2. Fiji won their first ever gold medal at the Rio Olympic Games in 2016, but what sport was it in? (Clue, it was a team event)
3. Since beginning in 2003, which nation has been top of the Rugby Union International Rankings for the most amount of time?
4. The lowest One Day International score posted, is 35 runs. But which team scored this dismal run total? A) Canada, B) Sri Lanka, or C) Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe (Canada have scored 36, and Sri Lanka’s lowest was 43)
5. As at the end of 2017, only four players have scored 60 or more points on more than one occasion – name two of them:
Wilt Chamberlain (32 times), Kobe Bryant (6 times), Michael Jordan (5 times), Elgin Baylor (4 times)
6. Over which two distances has Mo Farah won Olympic Medals?
5,000 & 10,000 metres
7. What colour were tennis balls originally?
8. What’s the Guinness world record for the quickest time to complete a golf hole? (to the nearest 10 seconds)
30 seconds (actual answer is 32.70 seconds)
9. The word ‘Formula’ in F1, refers to what?
The rules to which all participants car’s must conform
10. Which snooker player was nicknamed ‘The pocket rocket’?