Sports Round 3
1. La Liga has famously been a two horse race between Real Madrid and Barcelona, but as of the end of the 2017 season, who’d won the title more?
Real Madrid (33 titles)
2. In what year, did the first Winter Olympic Games take place?
3. Who is the most capped England Rugby Union international player of all time racking up 114 appearances between 1990 and 2004?
4. Hitting a gargantuan 15,921 test match runs between 1989 and 2013, which Indian cricketer has scored the most test match runs in history?
5. What’s the name of the trophy awarded to the winner of the Major League Baseball World Series?
The Commissioner’s Trophy
6. Excluding relay races and hurdles, how many different distance running races are held in the Olympic Games (male and female count as the same race)
8 (100 metres, 200 metres, 400 metres, 800 metres, 1,500 metres, 5,000 metres, 10,000 metres, marathon)
7. Who is the only individual to have won 10 titles at a single Grand Slam event?
Rafael Nadal (French Open)
8. Who won the 2017 Race to Dubai?
9. Which Dutch driver set the record for being the youngest ever driver to start a race at just 17 years and 166 days?
10. Which individual won the World Darts Championship 2018, beating Phil Taylor in the final, only a year after turning professional?