Sports Round 6
1. Since the Premier League’s inception in 1992, only 6 teams have remained in the top flight. Name them for a point each…. HOWEVER! Get one wrong and you score nothing…..
Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea
2. Which football club have moved into the London Olympic Stadium (as of 2016)?
West Ham United
3. Since the league’s inception in 1996, who was won the most Super League (Rugby League) titles? Is it A) Leeds Rhinos, B) Wigan Warriors, or C) St. Helens?
Leeds Rhinos (8 wins), St Helens (6 wins), Wigan Warriors (4 wins)
4. What was special about the cricket match between New Zealand and Australia at Eden Park back on 17th February 2005?
It was the first ever T20 international match
5. Which former England footballer has started a new MLS soccer franchise in Miami?
6. 29 Olympic 50ps were brought into circulation in 2011, can you name the only sport beginning with J to be depicted within these coins?
All - Aquatics, Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boccia, Boxing, Canoeing, Cycling, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Goalball, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Judo, Modern Pentathlon, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Triathlon, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wheelchair Rugby, Wrestling.
7. Which female competitor returned to compete at the US Open in 2017 having served a 15 month drugs ban?
8. As of 2017, The world’s longest golf course was the Nullabor Links which is 1,365km long. Where is Nullabor Links?
9. Of the 2018 F1 circuits, five are street circuits (i.e. not on a proper race track). Name 2 of them:
Australia, Azerbaijan, Monaco, Canada, Singapore
10. As of 2017, how many Tour De France wins has Chris Froome got?
Four (2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017)