Current Affairs - 6/2/18
1. A traveller was banned from taking what type of animal on a flight from New Jersey this week?
(Emotional Support) Peacock
2. This year’s Six Nations tournament began on Saturday, but which four teams played on that opening day? (Two out of four for the point)
Wales, Scotland, France, Ireland
3. Which British pop group have confirmed that they are planning to work on new projects after meeting for the first time since 2012?
4. What was the name of the gannet who lived alone on Mana Island off the coast of New Zealand, who died surrounded by his concrete friends last week?
No Mates Nigel
5. Nintendo have announced a film based on which of their characters?
6. Singer Dennis Edwards died last week, but of which Motown group was he lead singer?
7. What type of animal made its way into the news last week after being able to “speak” English Human words?
8. After their leader addressed tens of thousands at last years Glastonbury festival, which political party has announced it is establishing a music festival of its own to celebrate their leader?
9. Conservationists have been arguing this week over whether farming could help save which species from extinction?
Rhinos – argument is that if it were legal to sell rhino horn on the open market, poachers would breed and farm the animals instead of hunting them
10. Today marks the centenary of the 1918 Representation of the People Act. What did this act entitle?
First time women were allowed to vote
BONUS – The pop group from question three achieved how many UK number ones?
9 (Wannabe, Say You’ll Be There, 2 Become 1, Mama/Who Do You Think You Are, Spice Up Your Life, Too Much, Viva Forever, Goodbye, Holler/Let Love Lead The Way)