Current Affairs - 13/2/18
1. Legendary music producer Quincy Jones said which artists ‘were the worst musicians in the world’?
2. Here is a quote taken from a Radio 4 interview with Sir Ian McKellen last week. Who is Sir Ian talking about: “he was a gay man pretending not to be and I always thought it a bit tasteful that such a person could come to our country [at a time where British theatre was run by gay men] and have a closeted gay man at its centre.”?
3. The Dorset County Museum recently acquired Dippy on the first leg of his UK tour. What is Dippy?
Diplodocus (from Natural History Museum)
4. An 83-year-old lollipop man from Greater Manchester has been banned by his school from doing what?
5. Yet another legendary musician has announced his retirement from touring last week. Who?
6. The 2018 Winter Olympics opened last week, but one country is not competing under its own flag, and identifies as neutral?
Russia (as ‘Olympic Athletes from Russia’)
7. Staying with the Winter Olympics, what type of animals are the mascots Soohorang and Bandabi?
White Tiger and (Asiatic) Black Bear
8. Which high power establishment shutdown for the second time this year on Friday?
9. What is the title of the song that will represent the UK at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest?
10. Last week, the line up for this year’s Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer was announced. 20 celebs are taking part, 8 of whom are comedians. Name three.
Aisling Bea, Alan Carr, Roisin Conaty, Harry Hill, Griff Rhys Jones, Joe Lycett, Lee Mack, Tim Minchin
BONUS – How many medal events make up the 2018 Winter Olympics?