General Knowledge 18
All questions are based on a specific week in April...
1. Which English Poet, Playwright and Actor, died this week back in 1616?
2. This week back in 2011, which individual resigned from the Communist Party of Cuba’s central committee after 45 years of holding the title?
3. This week back in 1918, Canadian pilot Arthur Roy Brown was credited with the kill of which German fighter ace? Nickname is accepted
4. This week back in 1968, which British Politician elected as MP for Wolverhampton South West, became famous for his ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech?
5. Back in 1994, 7,000 Tutsi’s were slaughtered by Hutu in the stadium at Kibuye. Which country did this occur in?
6. The cornerstone of which building within a country of population just 840 was laid this week back in 1506?
7/ A famous climate change agreement was signed this week back in 2016, binding 195 nations to specific parameters of global average temperatures. In which European city was this agreement signed?
8. During this week, the 1st decimal coins were issued in Britain. What year were they introduced?
9. The Coca-Cola Company made a huge mistake this week back in 1985 when they replaced its flagship soft drink, Coca Cola, which what named item? (A decision which was reversed within 3 months)
10. This week back in 1984, the AIDS-virus was identified as HTLV-III. What does AIDS stand for?
As of the 2016 census, what is the population of the country in question 5?
1) William Shakespeare
2) Fidel Castro
3) The Red Baron (Baron Manfred Von Richthofen)
4) Enoch Powell
6) St. Peter’s Basilica
9) New Coke
10) Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
Bonus) 11.92 million